Mandated reporters are required to report suspected child abuse or maltreatment when, in their professional capacity, they are presented with reasonable cause to suspect child abuse or maltreatment.
The below professionals are required to be trained:
- Registered Physician Assistant
- Medical Examiner
- Dental Hygienist
- Registered Nurse
- Social Worker
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Licensed Creative Arts Therapist
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Licensed Psychoanalyst
- Licensed Behavior Analysts
- Certified Behavior Analyst Assistants
- Hospital Personnel engaged in the admission, examination, care, or treatment of persons
- A Christian Science practitioner
- School Official, which includes but is not limited to:
- School Teacher
- School Guidance Counselor
- School Psychologist
- School Social Worker
- School Nurse
- School Administrator
- or other school personnel required to hold a teaching or administrative license or certificate
- Social Services Worker
- Director of a children's overnight camp, summer day camp, or traveling summer day camp
- Day Care Center Worker
- School-age Child Care Worker; provider of family or group family day care
- Employee or volunteer in a residential care facility
- Child Care or Foster Care Worker
- Mental Health Professional
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Alcoholism Counselor
- All persons credentialed by the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
- Peace Officer
- Police Officer
- District Attorney
- Assistant District Attorney
- Investigator employed in the Office of a District Attorney
- Any other law enforcement official
- If you volunteer to work with children you should take this course.
According to Safe Horizon, "Nationally over 7 million U.S. children come to the attention of Child Protective Services each year according to a Children’s Bureau 2015 report. Four children die every day in the U.S. because of abuse."
In this training, you will learn the confidence and knowledge to intervene to ensure the safety and well-being of children.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the training?
This is a 2-hour online training course that you can access at any time, 24/7. You have unlimited access and must complete the course within 30 days (you can complete the training at your own pace).
Is this a NYSED approved course?
Yes, this course meets the New York State Education Department mandatory requirements for Training in Child Abuse Identification and Reporting.
How can I pay for the course?
You can pay with a credit card or PayPal.
Will my personal information be safe?
Yes. Your personal information will not be shared with any third party.
Is there a test at the end of the training?
Yes. There is a 10 question T/F quiz on the Child Abuse Workshop, you need a passing score of 80%, but you may take the quiz multiple times if you do not pass the first time.
How do I get my certificate?
You will receive your certificate of completion upon completion of the course which can be downloaded and printed.
How do I get my course completion on my TEACH account?
We automatically submit your completion to TEACH. It should appear on your account within 7-10 days of completion. Please make sure you enter the same information that is indicated in your TEACH ACCOUNT.
After I print my certificate, when do I get my "real" certificate?
The certificate that you print yourself is the "real" certificate. The state will accept your self-printed certificate. If you do not have a printer a certificate will be mailed to you via priority mail for a fee of $10.00.
I have lost my certificate. What can I do?
Log into the course again using the same email address and password you registered with. You may print an additional copy, or have it emailed to
In order to have record of you taking this training sent to NYSED for your TEACH account, you will be required to provide the following information:
- Last 5 digits of your Social Security Number
- Full Address
What support browser should I use for this training?
All versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8.0 and above. We also support Chrome, FireFox, Opera, and Safari. You may use an iPad or Android tablet.
I tried to sign up and received a message saying my email address is already in use.
Not to worry, you have taken another course on this site. Use the “log in” button to take the course. If you cannot remember your password, click on the link on the login screen to have it emailed to you.
Customer Support: 1.646. 907.8136